Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Americans Believe in True Love

In the lead-up to Valentine's Day, fashion brand Ralph Lauren and lifestyle magazine Glamour joined forces to discover what men and women in the United States thought about romance and finding love.

The survey, conducted in conjunction with research company GfK Roper, polled 1000 men and women aged 18 and over throughout the United States and found that:

- 90 percent of respondents believe in true love - this belief was held equally among respondents regardless of age, sex or marital status.

- Nearly 12 percent of married couples met their significant other online.

- 75 percent of single adults believe that one to three days is a 'reasonable' amount of time to wait until contacting someone after obtaining their information.

- 19 percent of men say "I love you" during the first week of dating as opposed to 10 percent of women.

Data from market research company Experian Hitwise shows that flowers are thought to be a favored gift with "Valentine's Day flowers" and "flower delivery Singapore" being among the most popular search terms in the USA and Singapore respectively over the week ending February 5.

In comparison internet shoppers in the UK and Australia were either delaying getting romantic gifts until the last minute or were taking to the high street. The top retail searches in the UK over the same period being related to "cheap TVs," "shelf units" and "slow cookers," and Australians looking for "portable air conditioners."

1 comment:

  1. I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete